(Thank you, Traci, for sending me this recipe yesterday!)
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Blondies
1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon agave nectar
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup all-natural peanut butter, smooth
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 cup light coconut milk (I used coconut-almond milk)
1 1/3 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 cup walnuts, chopped (the original recipe called for salted peanuts)
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Optional: Serve with a mini-scoop of Peanut Butter Zig-Zag vegan ice cream (I used a melon baller for my scoops). Yum.
– Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Lightly grease an 8 by 8 inch baking pan and line with parchment paper, leaving about an inch of parchment paper on each side to use as handles to remove the blondies.
– In a medium-sized bowl, combine agave nectar, coconut oil, peanut butter, vanilla extract and coconut milk. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth and fully combined.
– Add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Beat on low until combined.
– Stir in chopped walnuts and chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared baking pan.
– Bake for 20-25 minutes or until just golden around the edges. Let cool before removing blondies from the pan. Allow to cool before cutting into 16 bars.
NOTE: I halved the recipe above to make a smaller batch, and mine were done cooking in under 20 minutes. I started checking them at around the 15-minute mark to watch for browning of the edges.
Adapted ever-so-slightly from A Dash of Sass’s Sweet and Salty Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Blondies, which were adapted from Fragrant Vanilla Cake’s Sweet n’ Salty Peanut Blondie Wedges